Visions & Missions
“The more we know, the more we realize there is to know.”-----Prof. Jennifer Doudna
Department of chemistry aims to become the most prominent college in imparting key knowledge base in chemical field
and wants to build successful career for all students in scientific and research field.
To inculcate scientific rigor in students so that they can appreciate the role of chemistry in building improved
and sustainable society.
Department of Chemistry has customised it approach to impart the curriculum through classroom instruction and laboratory
activities that are designed to give students both theoretical framework and hands-on knowledge of chemistry and competence to:
- To make the students have in depth knowledge in fundamental principles & theories of Chemistry to understand the relevance of it in society
- To make them cautious and responsible in applying principles of chemical safety both in laboratory settings and other environments
- Realising the interwoven relationship between scientific theory and laboratory experiment
- Interpret experimental results and draw reasonable conclusions
- To appreciate the evolving & progressive nature of chemistry through research, reading professional journals, and attending professional meetings
- To comprehend the relationship between chemistry and other disciplines, and the pure and applied sciences in particular.
- Perform accurate quantitative measurements; synthesize and characterize the organic and inorganic compounds.