Outcome of the Department
- The course prepares students for teaching and for Creative Bengali Writing.
- The course serves as a basis for further higher studies and research in this field.
- Students will demonstrate a command of written academic Bengali.
- Students will demonstrate mastery to write under time constraints.
- Students will demonstrate proficiency in literary history, literary theory
- Students will acquire a good knowledge on the nature of language and of the place of language study on society.
- Students will acquire general linguistic theory and fundamental understanding of core areas of language analysis including phonology,
morphology,syntax and pragmatics.
- Students will demonstrate their imagination and creativity in language arena.
- Students will demonstrate critical and analytical skills in the interpretation and evaluation of literary texts.
- Students will acquire moral, emotional and social values from our rich literary works.