Visions & Missions
The overall mission of the Department of Geography is to develop a basic and strong foundation in Geography and a
holistic understanding the Spatial Science, putting equal weightage to the core content and techniques used in Geography.
Pursuing Geography as an academic and professional discipline to develop critical thinking, Creativity and Integrity
among student to enable to thrive as individuals and professionals who make meaningful contributions towards society.
To lead the development of academic, educational, and research directions of human and natural system, land cover and
land use change and geo-spatial information science, harnessing integrative nature of geographic science to answer fundamental questions
of global importance.
- Geography is a richly diverse and comprehensive subject that provides us with an understanding of our changing and interconnected world.
It involves the study of physical environments and resources ,cultures, economics and societies ;people and places; and global development
- A study of geography develops any relevant and transferable skills directly related to a wide range of careers. The development of specific
skills of high value include:
- Field work investigation including sampling ,data collection, data presentation, statistical techniques and analysis.
- Preparing maps and diagrams.
- Using social survey and interpretative methods.
- Collecting and analysing information using GIS and remote sensing.
- Analysing and problem solving.
- Numerical skills.
- Interpreting and presenting relevant numerical information.
- Team working.
- Planning skills.
- Decision making.
- Presenting oral and written arguments.
- Research and report writing.