Department of Political Science
Visions & Missions
The Department of Political Science endeavors to generate new knowledge& produce students who are trained in Political Science.
The Department of Political Science strives to pursue academic excellence in teaching and extension.
Following teaching method is being followed to fulfill the aforesaid mission:
- A power point presentation and chart are being prepared in order to discuss about various concepts related to the CBCS Curriculum for three
years under-graduate course in political science
- Students are being given themes related to various topic mentioned in their syllabus in order to prepare a paper on the said topic. References
and study materials are being provided to prepare the presentation.
- A few sample question- answers are being distributed to the students to get a perception of making answers by their own.
- And lastly a final lecture is to be delivered on that particular topic compiling all subthemes followed by a classroom discussion
- Academic tour program is to be organized to understand theoretical knowledge with practical experiences.
Goals of the Department
- To undertake teaching and extension programs in major branches of Political Science.
- To impart training to the student in order to equip them academic and professional capability & develop among them analytical perspective.
- To undertake extension activities in order to create free, just and humane society.
- Communicate the knowledge of Political Science.
- Develop new knowledge in the field through critical research and scholastic inquiry.
- Cultivate political values so as to boost democratic practice.
- Apply the knowledge of Political Science to serve society as a whole.