Outcome of the Department
Political science is concerned with how societies are organized and governed, with how competing ideas about what
is best for a society are articulated and resolved, and how decisions in one part of the world effect the other parts. Political science
provides an opportunity not just to understand how societies actually work, but also some idea of how to make them better.
Political science help student to develop an understanding of political processes and institutions and to introduce
them to the issues and problems that politics attempts to manage.
Career in law, government-service, journalism, teaching, politics, and public administration are directly related
to training in political science. Simultaneously political science emphasises an approach on studying politics that provides anyone with the
skill and knowledge to be an informed, active citizen or political participant.
Above all, any student of political science would be gained from learning about government and politics. Every one
of them will be called on to vote periodically and help to make vital choices about who should govern their city, province and country.
Outcome of CBCS Curriculum for three years under-graduate course
in political science
- The course will develop a basic understanding about the Indian party system and electoral politics, Political participation, democratic systems.
- Students will be able to understand contemporary theories and approaches to the study of political theory, international relations, public
administration and political sociology.
- The courses will familiarize the students with the Indian ancient, medieval, and modern political Thought and conceptualize Indian administrative
and bureaucratic system.
- The students will be able to grasp the basic conceptual framework of Indian constitution, rule of law ,federal system, and Get an idea about
the Fundamental rights as well as fundamental duties of the Indian citizens’ and the role that the Indian judiciary play in protecting and
upholding these rights.
- Will help us to comprehend the institutional and policy measures for public welfare for the holistic development of the Nation.
- The learners will learn Indian’s relation pattern with different nations in international arena and India’s aspiration in global field and have
an insightful understanding Indian Foreign Policy.
- The course paves the way of the students to acquire the knowledge in exercising democratic rights and help them to be a responsible citizens
for a better nation.
- It will portray the comparative scenario of various political system round the world and encourage the students for comparative study.
- It will enhance the skill of the students in legislative practices and procedures, public opinion, survey research and make aware democratically.
- He students will acquaint with the history of Indian political independence in the pre and post-colonial period and contributions of Great
Indians for freedom struggle.